Re: How to disable completely org-persist

From: tomas
Subject: Re: How to disable completely org-persist
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2022 11:14:50 +0100

On Sun, Dec 04, 2022 at 10:27:53AM +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> Ihor Radchenko on emacs-orgmode wrote:
>
> > That being said, it should not be a big deal to allow disabling
> > org-persist when desired. In fact, org-persist is already
> > auto-disabled when using emacs -Q. I can add a user switch
> > on top.
>
> I wonder what kind of answer is this.. Also not using ORG mode at all fixes
> the issue..

Angelo: I do share your wish. I still think we all can do
without the hostility you express that wish. From where
I stand, it is horribly unjust. Ihor and the other folks
are doing a lot of work we can just profit from.

Especially given how friendly and helpful Org devels are.

I can understand that software doing things one doesn't like
can be infuriating. But this is free software. You get a
chance to do something about it!

At another point in this thread, Ihor has already stated
that it's possible to add a switch (and actually hinted
at where to look). He even considers adding that switch
later. If you are in a hurry about this...  how about
offering a patch?

Cheers