Re: org-mode 9.6 and Emacs Built from Git HEAD

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: org-mode 9.6 and Emacs Built from Git HEAD
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2022 20:13:09 -0800

Hi Ihor,

Could you please this to the relevant folks on the org devel team?

I solved my issue with org folding in org-9.6 when org-fold-core-style
is set to transparencies -- TL;DR:

I created myself a small function by cloning function org-mode and
taking out most of the code so that what I had left were the bits that
set up org-fold magic; I then call this function in my code where I
create a temporary buffer for processing the text to speak.

A better solution might be for org itself to provide such a function; my
initial solution was to just call (org-mode) but that function does a
lot of work that isn't needed just to set up the fold hiding bits.

See
https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/master/lisp/dtk-speak.el#L1662
for the relevant code.

--