Re: Package "luwak"

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Package "luwak"
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2022 17:30:32 -0500

  > The name "eww" is also unhelpful.  Perhaps
  > the merger should be under the name "lynx".

Does EWW work using lynx?  If so, that would be a good idea.  We would
replace two unhelpful package names with one name that would be
helpful and easy to remember.

If EWW does not work using lynx, then renaming it to `lynx' would be
misleading at one level.  We might rather make a different choice.

What other packages do we have for looking at web pages?  I see there
is `browse-url'.  Is that an alternative to EWW, or just a higherlevel
confugurable interface to EWW and other options?

Are there any more web-browsing packages that we should consider in
this planning?