Re: Tree-sitter doc question

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter doc question
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2022 16:38:09 +0200

> Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2022 15:12:47 +0100
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
>
> Just a quick question. I see that the tree-sitter changes are already on
> master, but I don't find any documentation. Please could you point me
> where is it or how to use it?

"No documentation" is not accurate: there's a lot in the ELisp manual.

User-level documentation was not yet written, we will do that a bit
later.

> 1) How to check if it is enabled.

The modes that rely on it know how to check that.

> 2) One enabled (which I think I managed) are the colors in the text from
> cc-mode or tree-sitter?

The colors are our faces, so the answer is "neither".

> 3) What are the features available? May I disable cc-mode and rely on a
> pure tree-sitter experience only?

Yes.  But be prepared to see some unusual things, because those modes
are still WIP.