Re: Adding the `prescient` packages to NonGNU ELPA?

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Adding the `prescient` packages to NonGNU ELPA?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 15:27:20 +0000

>> to the ELPA spec or a provided spec. I see that the user option
>> `package-vc-selected-packages` does not mention the `:ignored-files`
>> entry that the ELPA spec uses, so I was wondering.
>
> Indeed, it does not support things like `:ignored-files` or
> `.elpaignore` or `:renames`.

One caveat: Along with package-vc.el, package.el coincidentally learned
how to use ".elpaignore" files, but these are only used to suppress
byte-compilation.

elpa-admin.el uses .elpaignore and :ignored-files to exclude files from
the final tarball, but this concept isn't applicable to source packages.