sqlite library

From: Ag Ibragimov
Subject: sqlite library
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2022 18:35:07 -0600

I wrote a prototype of a package that queries a sqlite DB, but only
later realized that built-in support for it was added in Emacs 29 (the version
I use).
I want to make the package compatible with older versions of Emacs (at
least down to 27). I checked package repositories, it seems there are a
few packages out there (and I don't know which one to use).

What's the best and most straightforward option here for me?

Can you someone advise me what should I use, what should I put in
`Package-Requires:`; maybe the best would be to point to a simple
package with a similar problem?

If I use an external package anyway, does it make sense to check for the
availability of the built-in functions? Or I should somehow load the
external package only when it detects Emacs version prior to 29?

Thank you.