Re: Tree-sitter doc question

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter doc question
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 08:29:08 +0100

Hi Eli,

let me rephrase my question:

To start testing tree-sitter, do I "just" need to include --enable-tree-sitter in my configure step or do I need something (more|else) on a
clean-slate (Linux|macOS) system? Does the emacs build process provide all the necessary steps or is some external configuration/installation
needed?

This is the kind of "extra documentation" some of us are yearning for ;-)

Thanks a ton in advance, /PA

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 at 13:10, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 09:33:11 +0100
>
> >User-level documentation was not yet written, we will do that a bit
> >later.
>
> To add to Ergus' quick question. How long would it take to write a couple
> of lines for the not-yet-informed with *all* steps to get a tree-sitter mode
> up and running? I don't know, python-ts-mode, c-ts-mode...
> Maybe that would encourage more users/testers and thus (hopefully) make
> tree-sitter more tested, usable, popular, (you name it)

?? These modes have doc strings, so it isn't like they aren't
documented at all.

And setting them up boils down to just turning them ON, something the
users who follow the development branches should know already.  Why
did you assume you'd need something beyond "M-x python-ts-mode RET"?

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet