Re: Want to contribute

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Re: Want to contribute
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2022 14:40:34 +0600

> Masoud Esmaeilian <esmaeilian_him_masoud@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Emacs,
>> I'm a fullstack developer with 9 years of experience but unfortunately
>> not in LISP or Scheme or Emacs LISP. but I really want to contribute
>> and learn it if it's needed.
>> looking forwards for your guidance.
>
> Knowing _some_ Emacs Lisp will probably be useful.  Why don't you try
> and learn that first (there is a nice introduction here:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/eintr/)?

You can also try "C-h i m Emacs Lisp Intro RET" or evaluate
(info "(eintr) Top") to open the book in Emacs, even when you're
offline.  I hope you'll love Emacs Lisp.

Emacs doesn't use Scheme as its extension language, so you don't need to
learn Scheme.  But Scheme is a great language, so if you want to learn
it there are many resources available online.  You might be also
interested in GNU Guile, GNU's own Scheme interpreter and a extension
language to many programs (your programs can also be on the list).

--
Akib Azmain Turja, GPG key: 70018CE5819F17A3BBA666AFE74F0EFA922AE7F5
Fediverse: akib@hostux.social