Foo.html.erb -- major mode

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Foo.html.erb -- major mode
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 09:26:50 -0600

I assume that no one yet has written a major mode using Tree Sitter for Rail’s
view files which combine HTML and erb (embedded ruby) but wanted to check.

Will there be a naming convention for such modes?  Currently I use the existing
web-mode package for this task.  I think naming it erb-ts-mode will be a
mistake since erb is always going to be mixed in with another “language”.
Perhaps html-erb-ts-mode ?

Also, I’ve bumped into the Info page about using Tree Sitter for multi language
modes.  Is there an example of a mode that uses multiple languages that I can
look at for ideas?

Last, since I’m relatively up to speed on Tree Sitter at this point, is there
any glaring need for a Tree Sitter based mode for a particular language?

Thank you,
Perry