Re: refcard sources in Org

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: refcard sources in Org
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 15:15:22 +0200

> From: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 12:36:33 +0000
>
> > Something to consider: orgcard.tex is included in the Emacs repo and
> >   fits into their refcard machinery.  If the source changes from .tex to
> >   .org, the .org file must be included in the Emacs repo, as is done with
> >   the .org of the manual now (bug#45143, bug#46837).  Doing so would
> >   involve extra setup and handling on the Emacs side.  Even if someone on
> >   the Org side volunteers to do that work, another case of special
> >   handling probably wouldn't be received warmly.
>
> However, Kyle's statement is anyway just what he thinks. So, I am just
> going ahead and asking what Emacs devs think about this idea. Would it
> increase maintenance load on you?

It would mean etc/refcards/Makefile will have to be augmented to
produce the TeX version, which probably means it will have to be a
separate target dependent on the Emacs binary that has to be built
before that.

It also means Someone(TM) will have to know enough Org to maintain the
refcard over the years.