Re: Patch for reftex.el: master or release branch?

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Patch for reftex.el: master or release branch?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 21:37:02 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> So if Arash thinks this is safe, it is fine with me to install this on
> emacs-29.

Thanks.  Yes, I think it's safe.  It basically uses the same thing done
in reftex-parse.el[1] as well.  Reg. impact of the current
implementation: I consider the impact higher than in the bug report
since one effectively can't force RefTeX to ignore a file which is
included by \input, \include, \LTXtable etc. by commenting out that
macro.  RefTeX offers a label in such a file for completion while
running LaTeX will throw a warning about unresolved references.

I installed the change (commit 622838b957) on emacs-29 branch.

Best, Arash

Footnotes:
[1]
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse.el#n276