Re: emacs-29 9c0d7bb73b 2/2: Add automated tests for Eglot

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: emacs-29 9c0d7bb73b 2/2: Add automated tests for Eglot
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 13:42:31 -0800

João Távora <joaotavora@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 2:11 PM Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Both conventions are used: <package>-test-FOO and <package>-tests-FOO.
>> In the test/ subdirectory, (dired-do-find-regexp "deftest.*-tests-")
>> returns 1073 lines, and (dired-do-find-regexp "deftest.*-test-") returns
>> 1245 lines. If you prefer the "eglot-tests" prefix, rename it (I really
>> don't care :-)
>
> OK.  I don't know either, I'll decide later.

More conventions are in use than that, and I couldn't confidently say
which is the preferred one.  Probably it's not that important, as long
as every file consistently uses one or the other.

FWIW, I don't see any major benefit to having "-test" in the test name,
as the fact that it's a test is immediately obvious in all contexts
where you see them.  So it mostly just makes the test names longer.