vc-git feature proposale: modeline and annotate

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: vc-git feature proposale: modeline and annotate
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 22:36:56 +0100

Hi

I would like to suggest to have, at least optionally, the result
of
(shell-command "git name-rev HEAD")

In the modeline and/or   in the annotation buffer.

I know that the HASH is more reliable but I find the result of the above
command sometimes a convenient alternative.

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.