Re: Plug treesit.el into other emacs constructs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Plug treesit.el into other emacs constructs
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 14:56:15 -0500

> If this code is plugged into transpose-sexps we get this nice behavior:

It's a bit different from what SMIE would do, but there's a lot of
overlap and when it's different it's arguably better, so sounds good
to me.

> Now forward/backward-sexp can actually work a little differently, as you
> suggest, or we can let it use the same "move over siblings"-semantic.
> In that case we don't even need the treesit-sexp-type-regexp variables to
> control this, I think.
>
> What do you think?

I'm not sufficiently familiar with the tree-sitter tree to foresee
precisely how it would affect `forward/backward-sexp`, but I think you
have a good enough understanding to make a good judgment at this
point :-)

        Stefan