Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 17:56:49 +0000

Perry Smith <pedz@easesoftware.com> writes:

>> > That's correct.
>>
>> I agree this is a problem, especially the language specific parser
>> bits.  Yesterday I tried out tree sitter Emacs on my Arch system.
>> Finding the tree-sitter system lib was easy enough, but finding the C++
>> definition object wasn't so easy.  Eventually I made it,  but it needed
>> compilation from source and a NodeJS toolchain that I didn't know
>> I needed for that.
>
> This is new news to me.  I downloaded this repository:
> https://github.com/casouri/tree-sitter-module
>
> And did: ./build.sh <lang>

Certainly this is not the intended way to get tree-sitter working, at
least in the long term?  I am not up-to-date with tree-sitter
development in general, but is it planned for distributions to package
the grammars and have them installed on a language-level?  I don't
suppose it would make sense for them to be distributed along with Emacs,
or does it?