Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 21:37:07 +0200

This all started (for me, anyway), when you wrote:

> Emacs needs to be compiled with tree-sitter enabled
> The tree sitter binary needs to be installed
> The tree sitter language specific parser needs to be installed
> The appropriate major mode needs to be loaded and enabled
>
> Is there a page either in Info or on the web that contains all these steps?

I interpreted "all these steps" as meaning the description of how to
do all of the above: compile Emacs with tree-sitter enabled, install
the tree-sitter library, install the language grammar libraries.  By
contrast, the information to which you point is about writing code
that accesses parsing results provided by the tree-sitter library, a
very different kind of topic.  That topic _is_ described in the ELisp
manual, see the file doc/lispref/parsing.texi.