Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 10:20:43 +0530

Ken Brown <kbrown@cornell.edu> writes:

> On 12/16/2022 12:23 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> I think it indeed will change very soon, as soon as the distros
>> realize that Emacs 29 needs that to be able to use the -ts- modes.
>
> I wonder how well known this is among distro Emacs maintainers.  I did a quick
> internet search and didn't find any indication that any distros have done it
> yet.  Can anyone point me to an example?

There is a very good chance NixOS will include tree-sitter grammars (at
least for the modes supported by Emacs at time of release) with Emacs
build, with user-configurable way to add more grammars as needed.

Current maintainers for building Emacs master for Nix/NixOS are doing a
good job keeping track of upstream here :
https://github.com/nix-community/emacs-overlay

Thanks,
Payas