Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 11:39:10 +0100

Hi Eli,

thanks a lot for confirming :-)

I'm keeping them in treesit-extra-load-path for my experiments and will follow whatever comes out of this experiment in the sense of
1) hopefully seeing the parser compilation integrated in the general compilation process
2) same for packaging.

BTW, your answer may be good for a FAQ ;-)

Thanks again, /PA

On Sun, 18 Dec 2022 at 09:07, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 07:32:50 +0100
>
> 1.- where will they sit at the end of the day?

It is IMO best to put them in the same place where you have the rest
of the shared libraries loaded by Emacs.  There's also the special
path treesit-extra-load-path, but my recommendation is to use that
only if you cannot place the grammar libraries together with the rest
of your shared libraries.

> 2.- should I include *all* plug-ins or just the plug-ins I use (mainly Python to get used to it)

Each grammar library is only loaded when the corresponding Emacs mode
is activated.  So if you never turn on some treesit-based mode, you
don't need to have the corresponding grammar library available.

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet