Re: master 09b5f00613: ; Fix calls to treesit functions

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: master 09b5f00613: ; Fix calls to treesit functions
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 17:42:04 +0100

On 19 December 2022 17:13:00 CET, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:
>> The treesit-parser-list is also kind of working just by accident, as
>> it isn't its job to ensure availability.
>
>No, it's no accident: if Tree-sitter is not available, then indeed the
>list of Tree-sitter parsers is empty.  So defining that function to return
>nil when Tree-sitter is not available is a perfectly correct definition.
>

>        Stefan

Yeah, that's not what I meant. I meant that its primary purpose isn't too be
used as a guard against treesit not being available at all. I'm fine with using
it like this, but seeing how that wasn't enough by itself we should either
change it or make a similar function that has that purpose. Fwiw I like your
suggestion to make it available without treesit being available.

Theo