Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 10:31:25 +0000

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> The org info manual shows
> #+BEGIN_CENTER
>
> as the way to introduce a block of centered text and that worked until
> recently -- perhaps broke last weekend when the latest org was merged?
>
> Now, the above fails and puts the #+BEGIN_CENTER into the exported
> HTML.
> Insert that tag using M-x org-insert-structure-template and it works,
> the block is in lower case though which appears to be what org wants
> now

If you can, please report Org bugs to Org mailing list via M-x
org-submit-bug-report.

As for the bug you are reporting, I cannot reproduce. You probably need
to provide more details.

I tried the following file:

Aliquam erat volutpat.

#+begin_center
Nullam eu ante vel est convallis dignissim.
#+end_center

At least, html, latex, and ascii exports produce the expected results
from emacs -Q + <C-c C-e h o>, <C-c C-e l o>, <C-c C-e t U>.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,