Progress on merging Magit?

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: Progress on merging Magit?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 12:31:32 +0530

Hello,

After good work on merging eglot and use-package (almost exclusively by
other folks, admittedly), this is the next one.

I remember Eli mentioned once that it was decided long ago that magit
will be merged to Emacs core when the copyright assignment is done.

Since I could not find any references on quick google as well as magit's
Github issues, where can I look on what work is pending to get magit in
core, and any pointers on getting started on it?

cc Jonas Bernoulli (magit maintainer)

Thanks,
Payas

P.S. Just to get it out of the way, can someone please show me the way
to assign copyrights to FSF?