Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 00:27:02 +1100

> "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:
>
>> The org info manual shows
>> #+BEGIN_CENTER
>>
>> as the way to introduce a block of centered text and that worked until
>> recently -- perhaps broke last weekend when the latest org was merged?
>>
>> Now, the above fails and puts the #+BEGIN_CENTER into the exported
>> HTML.
>> Insert that tag using M-x org-insert-structure-template and it works,
>> the block is in lower case though which appears to be what org wants
>> now
>
> If you can, please report Org bugs to Org mailing list via M-x
> org-submit-bug-report.
>
> As for the bug you are reporting, I cannot reproduce. You probably need
> to provide more details.
>
> I tried the following file:
>

> Aliquam erat volutpat.
>
> #+begin_center
> Nullam eu ante vel est convallis dignissim.
> #+end_center
>

> At least, html, latex, and ascii exports produce the expected results
> from emacs -Q + <C-c C-e h o>, <C-c C-e l o>, <C-c C-e t U>.

>From my reading of Raman's original report, I think the issue is that it
doesn't work if the block delimiters are upper case. Works when lower
case, but not upper BEGIN_CENTER/END_CENTER

I just tried reproducing, but it seems I don't have the necessary latex
classes installed (been a while since I needed to export to anything
latex/pdf related and with 9.6, it looks like some additional classes
are now needed which were not required previously?)