Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: org: begin_center in Emacs @HEAD
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2022 01:01:22 +1100

> Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> At least, html, latex, and ascii exports produce the expected results
>>> from emacs -Q + <C-c C-e h o>, <C-c C-e l o>, <C-c C-e t U>.
>>
>> From my reading of Raman's original report, I think the issue is that it
>> doesn't work if the block delimiters are upper case. Works when lower
>> case, but not upper BEGIN_CENTER/END_CENTER
>
> I now tried
>
> Aliquam erat volutpat.
>
> #+BEGIN_CENTER
> Nullam eu ante vel est convallis dignissim.
> #+END_CENTER
>
> Still works fine.
>
>> I just tried reproducing, but it seems I don't have the necessary latex
>> classes installed (been a while since I needed to export to anything
>> latex/pdf related and with 9.6, it looks like some additional classes
>> are now needed which were not required previously?)
>
> You don't need anything special installed.
> Things should work out of the box as long as you have basic LaTeX
> installation.

Hmmm, I will have to try on a fresh VM and verify. I had to install a
number of additional packages that were not installed with basic
texlive-latex and texlive-latex-recommended. It could be my
configuration, although none of the additional packages I had to install
is referenced in my config. For example

texlive-wrapfig
texlive-ulem
texlive-capt-of
texlive-collections-fontsextra

were all necessary before I could export a basic org file as PDF. Are
thewswe considered a basic latex installation? What exactly defines a
basic latex installation? Are all the texlive packages
standard/consistent across distributions? (this was on a Fedora 37
system, previously I was on Ubuntu).