Re: cl-lib warnings

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: cl-lib warnings
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 00:26:06 +0000

On Fri, Dec 23, 2022, 23:42 Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, cl-loop is one of the worst offenders in my eyes.  If I want to
> use Fortran or C, I will use Fortran or C; I don't want to see Fortran
> for-loops in Emacs Lisp.

Darn it! I loved cl-loop :-) I’ll curb my use of cl-loop in Emacs codebase.

As a data point, some of us are, like you, highly appreciative of cl-loop, and cannot see anything remotely approaching its versatility in other programming languages. I don't know what its detractors recommend for iterating over a plist, to give just one example.

João