Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 08:36:38 +0200

> Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 22:45:22 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Loreno Heer <helohe@bluewin.ch>
>
> I got it to build by manually setting
>
> #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0601
>
> in the emacs config.h file.
> Not sure why but this variable seems to have the (wrong) value of 0x0603
> on my system (Windows 7 ESR). I don't know if this is a variable that
> emacs build defines somewhere or the msys build system.

Emacs doesn't set _WIN32_WINNT to this value anywhere.  (And anyway, I
don't see how setting it to a higher value could do any harm, when
0x0601 does work.)

So please take this up with the MinGW64/MSYS2 developers, because it
sounds like some problem with their system headers.  I don't see any
evidence here that there's something wrong in Emacs which causes this
problem.  Especially since it started happening lately, and happens
with older Emacs versions as well, where no changes have been done.