Re: cl-lib warnings

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: cl-lib warnings
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 11:01:19 +0000

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022, 10:33 Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
.

I would guess a custom function, say `plist-map' along the lines of
`maphash'.  I am kind of surprised to see that this doesn't exist, but
according to my intuition of property lists, they are not meant to be
iterated.

Until you step into the real world and you have to.

While writing this, I also just realise this exists in the "map"
package.

  (map-do (lambda (key val)
            (message "Key %s, Value %s" key val))
          '(:one 1 :two 2 :three 3))

Right, a custom function, a loser in versatility (even if this one is polymorphic, that strength is wasted here) Take your example: print only three pairs max and a "and more" if there are more than there.

João