Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 18:46:18 +0200

> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Cc: helohe@bluewin.ch,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 17:14:56 +0100
>
> > I'm asking because I want to update our documentation with this
> > information, to avoid other users being surprised by these subtle
> > issues.
>
> I would say that for using an MSYS2-based build of Emacs you need
> Windows 8.1 at the least. A more future-proof statement is to recommend
> looking up that information on the MSYS2 web page.

Thanks.

And as long as I have your attention: what about the switch to UCRT64?
Does Emacs need something in its Makefile's to specify linking against
MSVCRT, even though UCRT64 is the default?  The information at

https://www.msys2.org/news/#2022-10-29-changing-the-default-environment-from-mingw64-to-ucrt64

doesn't provide any details about that.