Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 17:58:43 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> And as long as I have your attention: what about the switch to UCRT64?
> Does Emacs need something in its Makefile's to specify linking against
> MSVCRT, even though UCRT64 is the default?  The information at
>

> https://www.msys2.org/news/#2022-10-29-changing-the-default-environment-from-mingw64-to-ucrt64
>
> doesn't provide any details about that.

See

https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-emacs

There is a patch specific for UCRT support. It's quite simple although
the workaround for close_stream doesn't inspire confidence, hints that
there might be subtle differences on the behavior of C runtime
functions.

This is the relevant commit message:

commit 01be90ce74e3b69e7b03ab886d5f4ac59da0f646