Re: Possibly defaulting native-compile-target-directory to XDG_CACHE_HOM

From: Sean Whitton
Subject: Re: Possibly defaulting native-compile-target-directory to XDG_CACHE_HOME/...
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 16:03:36 -0700

Hello,

On Sun 18 Dec 2022 at 10:48AM +02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Anyway, what happens if you try this with Emacs 29?  Emacs 28 is in
> the past for us: there will be no more releases from the emacs-28
> branch.  And on Emacs 29 we made some changes which I think should
> prevent these problems.

Could you remind me which changes you mean?

As an update, I backported EMACS_INHIBIT_AUTOMATIC_NATIVE_COMPILATION to
Emacs 28 earlier this week, and uploaded that to Debian, and we're now
working to export that variable in all the relevant places.
So, I believe native comp in Debian is finally all sorted :)

--
Sean Whitton