Re: cl-lib warnings

From: tomas
Subject: Re: cl-lib warnings
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 12:33:31 +0100

On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 09:55:27AM +0000, João Távora wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 25, 2022, 07:03 <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>
> To add confusion to this, I'm a somewhat "in between" type and find
> > the Lisps ambiguity quite charming. If I had to describe where I
> > see myself, I'd say "functional in the large, indulging imperatives
> > in the small" or something.
>

> Yes, quite. Is it a good time to ask, since we're all huggy wuggy about
> Lisp's inclusive style, why the new Scheme stuff gets a namespacing hall
> pass while the CL stuff was all banished to akward prefix-land?

  *<:-)

Actually quite an interesting topic, but I fear that this mailing
list's margins will be too narrow to scribble it down (IOW: we are
moving dangerously off-topic).

Where do we navigate the sea between "strict, but everyone understands
at a glance" and "permissive, but the land splinters into different
subcultures incapable of working together"?

With Lisp (in the broad sense), all is possible.

Something for computer language sociologists to ponder.

Again, personally, I'd tend towards diversity, but I'm aware of the
downsides.

Cheers