Re: cl-lib warnings

From: Milan Glacier
Subject: Re: cl-lib warnings
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 22:13:14 -0500

On 12/21/22 15:08, João Távora wrote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 2:57 PM Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't think we've added use-package to the Emacs core with the hope that
people will use it less than they do ;-)

Yeah, I know.  But maybe we didn't quite consider the ~30
commands or so that it provides to do things already possible
with well-understood primitives that have existed forever.

I don't have a problem with people using it, just as I don't have
a problem with people using Magit, which I also don't.  It's just
I plan to kindly ask the potential bug-reporter to show his minimal
configuration in terms of stuff I can unequivocally understand
the semantics of.

João

use-package is a macro, so if someone uses use-package to configure the
package, when he needs to debug (for example minimal configuration), he
can always present the expanded form. (which basically just expands to
stuffs like setq, autoload, add-hook stuffs).