Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: MinGW build on master fails with Error 127
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 14:33:10 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> The packages mentioned on msys2.org either are the "wrong" ones (UCRT64)
>> or are already listed on INSTALL.W64.
>
> So you are saying they should "follow the instructions" up until and
> including item 5, and thereafter proceed with what we say in "**
> Download and install the necessary packages"?

I'm saying that the packages listed on msys2.org are either unnecessary
or redundant, so that step can be skipped. And the next step there is
just "see, you have gcc installed."

If you intend to adapt the INSTALL.W64 instructions keep in mind that
the instructions on msys2.org can change anytime, so saying "follow the
instructions on msys2.org until step 5" is not advisable.