Re: More Tree Sitter Questions / Problems.

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: More Tree Sitter Questions / Problems.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 18:28:59 +0200

On 14/12/2022 23:15, Stefan Monnier wrote:
In the context of sh-mode, I've had requests to provide that kind of
"AST-oblivious" indentation.  The result is controlled by
`sh-indent-after-continuation`.

*-after-continuation is a cool naming example, would be nice to be able to reuse it.

But in the case of Ruby it seems like we're choosing between AST-based indentation (where the indentation offset can reach arbitrary nesting after several continuation like breaks) and "continuation"-based indentation, where we basically have 0 or 1 levels of nesting, unless certain subexpressions are used (blocks or parentheses, mostly).

OTOH, ruby-indent-simplified (the name of the option I used in https://debbugs.gnu.org/60186), is even less semantic.