Re: [ELPA] New package: inform

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: inform
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 10:54:46 +0000

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

>> I think the last code I saw was sill a prototype, but I can't remember
>> reviewing it, really :-(
>
> I think I suggested putting it on Melpa to see if there's a real
> interest in it (up to now there were 432 downloads, please see
> https://melpa.org/#/?q=inform).  My idea of getting some feedback, hints
> or even bug reports were in vain, though.

There is real interest to make it part of info.el :)
Right from Emacs devs.

" I think it would make sense to integrate it directly into `info.el`."
                 Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> (2020-05-07)

You don't need to publish this as separate package to fix bugs. You will
not fix all of them anyway, and you have more chances to get bug reports
for a core code.

>> It would be good to get a bug-nb for it and send the latest version of
>> he suggested patch to it.
>
> Sorry, what do you mean by bug-nb?

Bug number. Basically: "send it via M-x report-emacs-bug attaching a
patch against Emacs master branch".

Then, we can discuss the implementation and not loose it in emacs-devel
archives. A "bug" will be tracked.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,