Re: New Package: sticky-shell

From: Andrew De Angelis
Subject: Re: New Package: sticky-shell
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 10:34:37 -0500

@Jean Louis
Thank you. I still can't reproduce the error, but I understand its causes.
Line 72:
`(aset prompt (- (length prompt) 1) 0) ; remove the newline ending char`
was intended to remove the newline char that showed up in my header as '^J'. There must be something different in your configuration that already removes it from the header/prompt, so deleting it again caused the issue.
I've replaced this line with the more explicit:
`(string-trim-right prompt "[ \t\n\r]+"))) ; remove the newline ending char`
Please try out the latest code and let me know your experience.

@Stefan Monnier
Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation. I have sent the information to assign@gnu.org, and I will send my patch to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 5:21 AM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
* Andrew De Angelis <bobodeangelis@gmail.com> [2022-12-14 08:24]:
> @Jean Louis
> I'm sorry but I am unable to reproduce your issue. Is anyone else
> experiencing problems with sticky-shell?

https://gnu.support/images/tmp/2022-12-16/Screenshot-2022-12-16-13-18-24-954470180.png
https://gnu.support/images/tmp/2022-12-16/Screenshot-2022-12-16-13-17-56-871503898.png
https://gnu.support/images/tmp/2022-12-16/Screenshot-2022-12-16-13-17-47-904410786.png

See screenshots and observe. Instead of "git pull" I see "git pul"
and instead of "make" I see "mak" and that happens regularly.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman