Re: emacs-29 2cec78254e: ; * nt/INSTALL.W64: Fix wording.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-29 2cec78254e: ; * nt/INSTALL.W64: Fix wording.
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:23:08 +0200

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 18:10:50 +0100
>
> > +The '--prefix' option specifies a location for the resulting binary
> > +files, which 'make install' will use - in this example we set it to
> > +C:\programs\emacs.  If a prefix is not specified the files will be put
> > +in the standard Unix directories located in your C:\msys64 directory,
> > +but this is not recommended.
>
> May I ask why the text above talks about "the resulting binary files"?
> For me, the '--prefix' option behaves on Windows the same way it does on
> Unix systems, as described in the INSTALL file[1]:

As you could have seen, this wording was left unchanged from whoever
wrote them back when this file was added to Emacs.

Personally, I don't think "binary files" is that bad a choice of words
for Windows users, because those aren't expected to be familiar with
Unix-style installation trees.

> P.S.: I admit I've never used '--exec-prefix' in addition to '--prefix'.

There's no --exec-prefix in the text, is there?