blink-matching-paren jump-offscreen

From: Mario Lang
Subject: blink-matching-paren jump-offscreen
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 07:47:44 +0100

Hi.

Updating to Emacs 29, I see that my setting of

blink-matching-paren

is apparently not honored.  About 2 years ago, I came here
to let you know that at least me was really depending on
blink-matching-paren
to use a jumping point.  So the feature was, after having been rewritten
recently, reinstated.  Thanks for that.  However, next dev version, and
the feature is apparently broken again.

It is great that Emacs has a lot of ongoing development.
However, it would be even nicer if this ongoing development
would not regularily destroy old-school features long-term power users
depend on.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕