Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Tree-sitter introduction documentation
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 16:26:28 +0200

On 30/12/2022 14:27, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
Perhaps it would be better to download tarballs instead of cloning a
repository of the depth 1?  They are easier to configure and usually
faster to download.  The result should be the same anyway.
Yes, perhaps. Personally, I try as hard as I can to keep a safe
distance between github and myself. Probably off-topic here going
into too much detail why.

I suppose someone might take it upon themselves to provide a mirror for all grammars on some more neutral host.

But this would be an ongoing effort, so unless it's backed by an entity with some reputation, the Emacs project wouldn't be able to rely on it (in the default list).