Re: Unifying "foo-mode"s and "foo-ts-mode"s

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Unifying "foo-mode"s and "foo-ts-mode"s
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 17:10:07 +0000

To me the ideal would still be that tree-sitter support is provided by the distribution, just like how package managers have started bundling libgccjit for native compilation, instead of requiring the user enable it themselves.

FWIW, I don't think this will happen. Each of the three other editors I know of that already use tree-sitter (Atom, Helix, Neovim) bundle tree-sitter library files and/or provide a way to install them on demand from their repositories.