Re: Targeting libtreesitter from wisent and other parser generators for

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Targeting libtreesitter from wisent and other parser generators for emacs
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 10:25:52 +0200

> From: Lynn Winebarger <owinebar@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 11:25:15 -0500
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>, Philip Kaludercic
> <philipk@posteo.net>,
>       Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com>, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>,
>       Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>, Tim
> Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com>,
>       emacs-devel <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> If I tried to do something quick and dirty with wisent to see if I
> could get something working, can anyone provide some test cases so I
> could tell whether the code produced behaves correctly with
> libtreesitter?

Not sure what you are asking about.  There's a test suite for
treesit.el in the tests directory.  If that is not what you want, we
had past discussions about specific C files that had problems with
tree-sitter (fixed since then), maybe you could use those files?

> I've never actually used tree-sitter, in emacs or
> otherwise, so I just don't know what I would be testing for.

Fontification, indentation, and navigation by defun are the main
features supported by tree-sitter.  In some modes also Imenu.

> Would anyone be willing to supply me with an emacs mode for one of
> these (or similar) that I could use to compare the behavior of
> tree-sitter-cli generated library to the behavior of a wisent/bison
> generated library?

All of the tree-sitter based modes are called SOMETHING-ts-mode, and
they are all called out in NEWS on the emacs-29 branch.  Does this
answer your question?