Re: [External] : Re: master 7f53446: Doc fix for y-or-n-p; trailing spac

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: master 7f53446: Doc fix for y-or-n-p; trailing space is no longer needed
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 17:07:37 +0100

    >> (but `yes-or-no-p' should be fixed to add a space if there
    >> isnʼt one).

    Drew> I'm not following this thread, so apologies if
    Drew> my comment is irrelevant or misguided.

If you were, your comments would have been shorter

- `y-or-n-p' has, since emacs 24.3 or so, appended a space to the prompt
if there wasnʼt one
- `yes-or-no-p' doesnʼt mess with the prompt

This discussion is about the documentation of those two facts, which
needs adjusting since itʼs currently incorrect. There was a suggestion
by me to maybe align `yes-or-no-p' behaviour (what you call "dwim") to
match `y-or-n-p', but since thatʼs 'legacy' I doubt itʼs going to be
done.

Robert