Re: Android port

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Android port
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 17:59:35 +0800

Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru> writes:

> Please don't generalize actions of individual companies to the platform as
> whole. Your reply doesn't make my statement false, because the original
> Android is the one where no such vendor additions were made.
>
> Either way, I doubt Po is planning to make any use of such proprietary
> additions, so discussing those additions has no value.

We are not going to use features only in proprietary versions of Android
because we hope that the resulting Emacs binaries will also work on free
operating systems such as AOSP and Replicant.

But Android itself is proprietary from a practical standpoint, so we
will continue to treat it as a proprietary platform wrt its support in
Emacs, if only because free Android is available for a minuscule amount
of users.