Re: svg library ideas

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: svg library ideas
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 13:29:05 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > Newer versions of librsvg are not suitable for the Android port, because
>   > Android forces all dependencies to be built while building Emacs itself
>
> That is peculiar -- do they consider it missing support, or do they
> consider it a feature?  If the latter, what purpose do they state?

Android doesn't provide any method for installing shared libraries
system-wide, because their developers consider it too difficult to keep
binary compatibility there.

> That goes beyond my knowledge of Git.  Po Lu, can you tell me how to
> access that branch?

I suggest running ``git fetch && git checkout feature/android'' from the
Emacs source tree.  But do not do this on a source tree where you are
doing work -- it will clobber all of that.