Re: What does an OClosure look like?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: What does an OClosure look like?
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 19:46:41 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> Hello, Emacs.
>
> I'm currently experimenting with the layout of lambda forms.  In doing
> so, I've hit a cl-assert in oclosure.el.

Maybe show your code.

> I can't find a description of an oclosure in that source file, nor in
> the section in the elisp manual.  By description, I mean what an
> oclosure structure looks like in terms of conses and lists.

AFAIU these are ATM more or less normal function values with some meta
data stored at some place that does not change the "behavior" (see
`oclosure-type') when funcalling the thing.

The cl related part implements the type handling and the
semantics of this "meta data" (accessors).

A byte code oclosure can't be described in terms of conses and lists of
course.  What's your use case so that these internal implementation
details matter?

Michael.