Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 16:03:38 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> If not, please explain more, because I don't think I understand what
> you say above.

I was saying that the HarfBuzz check currently doesn't show an error
when it is enabled with ``--with-harfbuzz'' and HarfBuzz is not found.

The reason is precisely that the option doesn't default to ifavailable;
as a result, configure cannot tell apart the two cases where
$with_harfbuzz is specified on the command line, and when it is simply
set to yes as its default value.  That's why ifavailable is required.

Thanks.