Re: Merging feature/android

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Merging feature/android
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2023 18:14:37 +0800

Paul Eggert <eggert@cs.ucla.edu> writes:

> m4/gnulib-comp.m4 has gl_FILE_LIST. Although this lists all files not
> just C files, it should be easy enough to extract the C files.

Thanks!

>> the C compiler doesn't understand GNU
>> make vpath directives, so the includes in lib/ are:
>>   -I$(srcdir) -I.
>> while the includes in cross/src/lib are:
>>   -I$(top_srcdir)/lib -I$(srcdir) -I.
>> and as a result, when a file in -I$(top_srcdir)/lib then includes:
>>   #include "stdio.h"
>> it gets the stdio.h in lib, and not cross/lib, leading to silent
>> problems later on.
>
> I'm not quite following, since I'm not sure whether we're talking
> about an in-tree build or an out-of-tree build. That being said, can
> we address the problem by changing the order of the includes in
> cross/src/lib/Makefile?

Nope, that doesn't work.  I think things would become much clearer if
you read the code in cross/lib/Makefile.in; I'm bad at explaining
things.

We're talking about a half in-tree, half out-of-tree build: the cross
compiled part is built ``out-of-tree'', while the libgnu.a used on the
build machine can either be built in-tree or out-of-tree.