Re: Faces in bash-ts-mode

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Faces in bash-ts-mode
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 14:23:06 -0800

> On Mar 2, 2023, at 11:53 PM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>
> Is there an easy way of having some of the sh-script's special faces
> in bash-ts-mode?  The one I spotted to be missing is
> sh-escaped-newline, but maybe sh-quoted-exec is also missing?

I added support for sh-quoted-exec, but because tree-sitter ignores the escaped
newline, it doesn’t show up in the parse tree, so it’s not as easy to support
that.

I not an expert in bash syntax, can I assume that an backslash at the end of a
line that’s not in a string must be an escaped newline?

> Also, do we use sh-heredoc face for here-documents in bash-ts-mode?
> If not, can we use it in that case?

We do, so that’s taken care of :-)

Yuan