Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: sqlite3

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: [NonGNU ELPA] New package: sqlite3
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2023 22:00:56 +0100

On Tue 21 Mar 2023 at 16:53, Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> wrote:
> I really, really have no idea what you are getting at.  As in "ok, but
> what is your intent in explaining this?".
>
> Are you trying to propose that Emacs circumvents the SQLite API (that as
> far as I see uses strings) by constructing statement objects manually?

The idea is that one should not concatenate strings by hand but one
should write the query as sexp (likely build that cons tree using quote
or backquote).  That cons tree should then be converted to string by a
lisp function.  Only after that should the string be passed to sqlite.

   sexp (cons tree) -> string -> sqlite