Debugging M-x gdb

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Debugging M-x gdb
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 20:09:31 +0200

Hi,

I don't know if I should file a bug report for this so I'm trying here.

Whenever I try to debug Emacs with M-x gdb, I see the following
behaviour.  In the *gud-emacs* buffer, I enter "set args -Q" and then
"run"... then I exit the debugged Emacs and now the Emacs from where I
called (gdb) starts taking a full CPU.  I had to enter "quit" into the
*gud-emacs* buffer to stop this (return to normal CPU usage).

I'd really like to debug this issue but don't really where to start.  I
have tried to profile-start/profile-report but I don't get much clue out
of it.  How could I proceed?
--
Manuel Giraud