Re: Emacs segfaults when handling wrong_type_argument backtrace

From: Jonas Jelten
Subject: Re: Emacs segfaults when handling wrong_type_argument backtrace
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 21:01:04 +0200

On 2023-03-30 20:51, Andrea Corallo wrote:
Jonas Jelten <jj@sft.lol> writes:
After clearing the cache it seems to work, thanks, that was easy.
I assumed that changes in the abi would result in a version bump :)

It results in Emacs changing the directory name of the eln under
eln-cache, this way Emacs would discard all the other elns and produce
new ones.

We usually do that when we change something low level in an incompatible
way in the eln format.  I agree with Eli we should not use that for
cases when a bug might have produced miscompiled elns.

BR

   Andrea

Ah I see, if the change was unintentional, ABI version bumps don't make sense,
indeed.

Thanks for your awesome work on making the pig faster :)

  -- JJ